Saturday, March 24, 2012

Stylin': mini twists (update/maintenance)


It's been two weeks and my cute little mini twists are still giving me the business in the best way possible. This has been a very suitable substitution to the braided/twisted extensions that I've been longing for. I've received so many lovely compliments and exclamations from fellow naturals for me to get my hands in their hair lol! Before I big chopped I always wore my hair in a similar cut to where these twists fall. My relaxed hair never really grew past the base of my neck for years. So now that my un-stretched twists have made it to the length I was before the BC, I'm hype!



My night time routine/maintenance is very simple, which I need and appreciate. I lightly spritz the twist with water and then rub either coconut oil or my Shea Butter mix on the twist, focusing on the ends. I throw on a satin bonnet and then it's "Goodnight!" In the mornings I shake my hair a bit and then either pin the front out of my face or just let them "do what they do." And it's as simple as that.

The funny thing about these twists is it makes me long for locs...immediately! I'm just imagining short locs I can play in. Who knows...maybe it will come to be in the future. until then, i'll stick to the mini twists and genie locs.


No comments:

Post a Comment