Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Loc'd up



So I have been crowned the Queen of hair styles. Since January I've had 5 long-term protective styles. I guess I've put myself on a length protection plan. I'm keeping my hair kept away until Spring takes full swing. So right now I'm wearing my favorite style yet. They're called genie locks or yarn braids. I wish I could tell you how many people have complimented me on how beautiful my locs are. After telling them that they aren't real, with eyes wide and questioning expressions they ask me what type of hair it is and how much did it cost. When I tell them it totaled at $2.50 and It's just yarn they are even more stunned.

(Ignore my randomness)

I've always wanted dreads but I've always been worried about how permanent it will be as well as how they would look on me. I realized that I do love them and I think they would look great in real life (lol) But I love the versatility of loose hair. It's great that I can have locs for a month or so and go right back to twist outs and fros.

It's so simple to "install". Check out these videos from women who have mastered the genie lock technique.





No comments:

Post a Comment